Thursday, November 20, 2014

About Me

My name is Sam.  Two of my favorites things on this earth are running and craft beer.  I fell in love with these two hobbies at very different times in my life and for very different reasons.  Over the past year, however, I have come to learn that they go together like Homer and donuts.

I spent my entire life in western Pennsylvania before moving south in June of 2014 for my first job out of grad school.  Unbeknownst to me at the time, I happened to land a job in the perfect place for craft beer and running, Raleigh, NC.  You can attend a running club nearly every night of the week here, whether it be at a brewery, bottle shop, or even a bar.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I fell completely out of shape during my time in grad school.  I lost my drive and didn't make running a priority.  After graduating and moving down here, it was time to get back into it.  I struggled at first, but made big improvements across 3 5ks in 2015, running my last in 18:05, just slightly slower than I was several years ago in high school.  I hope to continue to improve my 5k time, move up to some fast half marathons, and eventually a full marathon.


No comments:

Post a Comment