Monday, January 5, 2015

Beer of the Month - December 2014

I had many solid beers during this last month of 2014, but nothing blew me away.  Looking back on Untappd, I gave one beer a 4.5.  A couple weeks ago over in Durham, I enjoyed Bull City Burger and Brewery's 2013 Bourbon Barrel Aged Snow Hill Winter Warmer.  It may be easier to list all the ingredients in the beer than to type that out.  The draft list described this as an American style barley wine with higher IBUs than normal.  I'm typically not a barley wine fan, but I really enjoyed this beer.  Bull City really nailed this one with the hops, spices, and bourbon flavor.

(Disclaimer: Not my pic)


I've been to Bull City a few times now and I really enjoy it.  The food, the atmosphere, the beer, it's always a great time.  I haven't done the tour yet, but I will have to sometime soon.



Rate: 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment