Friday, January 23, 2015

The Church Brew Works

This post is long overdue.  While up north for the holidays, my girlfriend and I stopped at one of the coolest places in Pittsburgh, just a few blocks from where I used to live, the Church Brew Works.


One of the most popular breweries and restaurants in general in Pittsburgh is located in the neighborhood of Lawrenceville in an old church and has been operating since 1996.  The history section of their website gives an extensive background.  Obviously, I love it for the beer.  But one of the great things about Church Brew Works is it draws people of all ages and interests because of their great food and unique setting.



On this day I had the Coffee Stout.  A solid coffee stout but not as rich and thick as I would like.  My girlfriend had the Pipe Organ Pale Ale on Sriracha cask.  We had the pierogis for an appetizer.  I've had many pierogis in my day, most for pleasure and a dozen or so for competition, and these were good.

The Church Brew Works have an extensive list of beers they make.  Something I always liked about them was they seemed to be really involved in the craft beer community in Pittsburgh.  Whether it be a festival, Pittsburgh Craft beer week, or hosting Pittsburgh MASH with Brooklyn Brewery, Church Brew Works was always there.  If you're visiting Pittsburgh, it should be near the top of your list.



3525 Liberty Ave.
Pittsburgh, PA 15201

No comments:

Post a Comment