Thursday, April 9, 2015

Beer of the Month - March 2015

Raleigh will retain the crown this month as my favorite beer in March goes to The King from Trophy Brewing Company.  I go to Trophy pretty frequently as it is one of my favorite places in Raleigh.  I love the ever-changing tap list because of the small batches they brew.  One of the downsides of a tap list that changes so frequently, if there can be such a thing, is that this is only the second appearance of The King since I moved here in June.  I missed out the first time, but due to a ringing endorsement from my girlfriend, I had to try it this time.


The King is a Belgian Dubbel that is "built to wrap the flavors of peanut butter with banana esters and sit on a bready dubbel base."  The peanut butter flavor is awesome and the banana, while not as strong, compliments it well.  This beer works.  My favorite offering from Trophy.

The King
Belgian Dubbel
6.3% ABV, ?? IBU
Rate: 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment