Monday, May 11, 2015

Beer of the Month - April 2015

My favorite beer from April did not come easily.  I had just worked 9 hours on a Saturday.  It was rainy and cold.  And along with a thousand drunk morons, we were packed like sardines on Fayetteville St in downtown Raleigh.  Brewgaloo 2015.


Ass Clown Brewing Company, out of Cornelius, had by far the longest line.  I've heard of Ass Clown many times, but have never tried them nor seen them on tap here in Raleigh.  Having arrived to the festival later than most because of work, and time not being on my side, at first my girlfriend and I passed on them in favor of some shorter lines.  After making our rounds for an hour or so, we decided we had to try it, despite the line somehow getting longer during this time.

To make our wait more bearable, I would run off and grab us more samples from some of the shorter lines and bring them back while my girlfriend saved our spot.  Veteran move.  We ended up getting three samples from Ass Clown between the two of us and I will say it was 100% worth the wait.  My favorite being the Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Stout.  Awesome peanut butter aroma and flavor.  The chocolate taste was much light, but it worked for me.  I may be in the minority on this, but I liked it more than Sweet Baby Jesus.


Some other favorites from Brewgaloo:
-Ass Clown Orange IPA
-Pisgah Brewing Company GreyBeard IPA
-Fullsteam Coffee Is For Closers

Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Stout (from Untappd)
Ass Clown Brewing Company
Stout
7.1% ABV, ?? IBU
Rate: 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment