Monday, April 11, 2016

Update

From February into March, I had my best training block in a very long time.  I eclipsed 40 miles all four weeks and ran some incredible workouts.  In the past month I've also traveled to Portland, OR and Pennsylvania so my routine was messed up a little bit.  Despite this great month of training, I started to feel myself getting a little stale.  Sure I was going through some fatigue and soreness from the increased mileage, but it was more mental.  I've been doing 5k training for more than a year now.  Even with the massive improvements I've made, I really think I need to go through a different cycle of training.

I've thought about this for a few weeks and have decided it's time to work on my base.  Over the next 2-3 months I'm going to focus completely on base training.  Easy miles.  After a few weeks I'll throw in some threshold and some sprints to keep my legs sharp.  I'm also going to post my results weekly to keep myself accountable.

No comments:

Post a Comment